Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of European Union, we update our Privacy Notice to bring you a more personalized user experience. We also work with our partners to improve the service you already have. And we will give you even more control over your data.
Our new Privacy Notice has been updated on 05/25/2018. See our latest version of this Privacy Notice.
Green ProductGovernments around the world have taken a strong interest in environmental issues, due to the impact of greenhouse gas emissions on extreme climate change. The Chinese government has also imposed more and more environmental requirements on local enterprises in recent years. Getac is committed to promoting green production, fulfilling our responsibility to protect the earth, and implementing environmental laws specific to the place of operation. As a result, all of our plants have acquired the ISO14001 environmental management system certification.
Reduce Carbon Emissions Through Energy Conservation In Manufacturing ProcessesWe began by promoting energy conservation and carbon reduction in our manufacturing processes. In 2017, Getac's plants consumed a total of 581,829 GJ, but the energy intensity exhibited a declining trend, from 0.96 GJ per US$1,000 in 2016 to 0.91 GJ per US$1,000, which reflects a steady increase of the economic efficiency of energy.
- Plants (MPT Kunshan and MPT Suzhou) specializing in the production of plastic-injected mechanical parts have introduced Green Molding technology and invested in new energy-saving molding machine feed tubes, drying cylinders, and heating collars, so as to comprehensively improve energy efficiency.
- Established power consumptions goals, performed daily monitoring to record the amount of power consumed, and provided monthly reports on power usage. When abnormalities occurred or usage exceeded the limit, power-consuming units had to submit inspection and improvement plans. For example, metal die casting used to make automotive mechanical parts consumes a relatively high amount of energy. By establishing a maximum energy cost per kilogram of aluminum and magnesium, it became a daily energy management goal to save more than 2% of energy per unit product.
- Plants continued to raise the production automation rate, which not only saves manpower, but also improves production efficiency through increased production yield, thereby lowering energy consumption.
- Advanced process technology shortened mold heating time and cycle time per unit product, which reduced the number and uptime of machines used.
Energy & GHG Emission Management
- We conducts GHG inventory according to the standards provided by government and our customers. GHG inventory includes calculating emissions, establishing an emission checklist, and monitoring the following GHGs: carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbon (PFCs), and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6).
- The production base is committed to increasing the use of automated processes and fully implementing energy-conservation programs to effectively improve energy utilization. Consolidated transportation of raw materials is promoted to facilitate carbon reduction.
Water Resources and Waste Water ManagementIn order to save water resources, Getac has invested in water recycling equipment to reduce water consumption by recycling water for reuse. In 2017, the total amount of water extracted was 542,000m3. The annual total amount of water recycled equaled 4.303 million m3, for a recycling rate of 89%.
Water consumption per US$1,000 was reduced from 0.87m3 in 2016 to 0.85m3 in 2017, indicating an increase in economic benefits.
Corporate Pollution PreventionWith respect to corporate pollution prevention, Getac aims to achieve legal compliance, zero pollution, and zero violation as its management goals. In recent years, we have invested in retrofitting eco-friendly and energy-saving equipment to fulfill the environmental duties required of a corporate citizen.
- Our processes do not discharge wastewater containing environmentally hazardous substances. In the plastic injection process used in the production of mechanical parts, water is used to cool mold temperatures. In the production of automotive die-casting metal parts, water is used to clean off the dusts and oil stains on metal parts from die casting processes. Process wastewater from release agents and cutting fluids are preliminarily processed in the plant and then discharged outside of the organization, where it is further processed by the city governments' wastewater treatment plants or certified waste disposal operators.
- Waste gases emitted by the company's production bases mostly originate from oil-based painting processes, die casting, and central burners for aluminum ingots. These plants have acquired government-issued emission permits. Waste gases produced in the plants are first treated via equipment in the plant and released into the environment after they are verified to have complied with emission standards. The countries in which Getac's production bases are located have prohibited the use of old refrigerants; therefore these bases do not produce any ozone-depleting substances. Furthermore, production bases have commissioned a third party to conduct waste gas testing every year and have reported these test results in accordance with the law. In 2017, the production bases were not involved in violation cases stemming from illegal emissions or leakage.
- Hazardous waste mainly comes from plant processes and residuals filtered from wastewater devices. Non-recyclable hazardous waste is incinerated and processed by commissioning local certified vendors. This waste is not transported to other places or countries. Scrap waste and aluminum slag can be reused and are therefore recycled for reuse.
In 2017, none of our plants were penalized for or found to be in violation of any environmental laws and regulations.